The men’s ministry director fills an important role in the church, in that he works to encourage, lead, and nurture men who serve as brothers, husbands, fathers, and ministry leaders. The director is responsible for organizing, planning, and directing programs that will meet the unique spiritual and emotional needs of the men of the church.
Duties of the Men’s Ministry Director
1. Develop and conduct on a periodic basis a wide variety of programs and activities that will meet the various contemporary needs of a diverse male constituency.
2. Encourage and facilitate meaningful spiritual, mental, and emotional growth among the men of the church.
3. Work with a small administrative committee to make plans and policy.
4. Communicate with the church secretary and pastor when scheduling programs.
5. Serve as the conference men’s ministries representative to the local church.
6. When requested assist the conference director in planning meetings that are for the benefit of all the men of the conference.
7. Serve as a communicator of news of interest to men that is disseminated from the division, union, and conference men’s ministries programs.
8. Mentor someone else in this ministry.
9. Report to the family ministry committee and/or church board.